If you’ve ever wanted status at an MGM property, this is a method to get free M Life Gold Status! M Life is the loyalty program run by MGM Resorts International. When you gamble and spend at MGM properties, you accumulate tier points to go up tiers. As you go up each tier, your benefits increase and improve. One of the higher tiers is M Life Gold. With this particular status, you can skip long buffet and check-in lineups, you get free upgrades on your rooms, VIP line access to nightclubs and dayclubs, and much more! See this chart for full MLife Gold benefits. The only problem is that it requires significant spending or gambling to actually reach this tier. However, with MGM Resort International’s new partnership with Hyatt, it becomes trivial! If you have status with Hyatt, M Life will now status match you with the corresponding tier of Hyatt.
Step 1: Sign up for Hyatt Gold Passport and M Life
Step 2: Acquire Hyatt Credit Card
The first step to get free MLife Gold is to sign up for the Hyatt Visa Credit Card. This is only recommended to people responsible with credit. I personally sign up for 2-3 credit cards a year without any issues and check my credit score religiously. I’ve never had a problem and will continue signing up for more cards. Even if you don’t care about the free Mlife Gold status, this card is still great for travelers.
The Hyatt Credit Card gives you the following:
- Receive 2 free nights after making $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months with the Hyatt credit card.
- Free nights can be used at any Hyatt location and participating M life resorts, including Bellagio and Aria!
- Every year after your cardmember anniversary receive a free night at any Category 1-4 property.
- Free Upgrade to Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Membership and stay Platinum indefinitely as long as you have the card. (Use this to get the MLife Gold card).
- Get 5,000 bonus points when you add an authorized user to your account and make a purchase with your card during the first 3 months as a cardmember. (Enough for another free night)
- First year free, and then $75 per year after.
There’s some additional benefits such as earning Hyatt points when staying at participating MGM Resorts locations, but overall, the benefits highly outweigh the $75 annual fee. This card is one of the best available and highly recommended for travelers.
Step 3: Match Tier Status to M Life Gold Status
After receiving your Hyatt credit card and the corresponding Platinum Status, email firstname.lastname@example.org with both your Mlife and Hyatt Gold Passport numbers, and your upgrade will be processed within a couple of days. Get your Mlife Gold status and start enjoying all the Mlife Gold perks and living like a Las Vegas VIP for free!
Remember, to get the best deal on MGM Resorts International Hotels and earn even more Hyatt Gold Passport points for free nights, book direct with promo codes and find your Las Vegas Hotel Deals here!